I have the following scenario:
- Archives compressed with 7z, hundreds of MiB in size
- GPG to encrypt the archives (binary, without ASCII armor)
- PAR2 to create error correction data
1. Encrypted archive + plain archive error correction data
If I encrypt the archive, will it compromise the security of the GPG-encrypted data if the error correction data created before the encryption will be stored along with the encrypted archive?
2. Encrypted archive + encrypted archive error correction data
As an alternative, would it be better to calculate the error correction data from the encrypted data after encryption and would this in any way affect security (common sense tells me no, but you never know).
I need to archive the data in question and want to make sure it can be restored even if it gets damaged in some way. But all of that of course without compromising security.