I am a Software Developer at a major ERP product company. However in my spare time I happen to work on many non-ERP things.
Check out my proposal Scientific Imagination in Area51, where questions like...
What would happen if we use a Plutonium ball that is slightly below critical mass for a baseball match?
Scientific Imagination is a site for questions involving hypothetical scenarios and scientific, educational, and fun answers for those questions.
The site is inspired by http://what-if.xkcd.com. While "What If?" is really interesting,
- It does not post all of those thousands of hypothetical question people have
- Those unpublished questions may have gems in them
- There may be people willing to exercise little creativity, but don't get the chance
Here's how the site is going to work*:
- Hypothetical scenarios that can be extrapolated using existing facts
- Interesting twists on current trends
Don't ask about...
- Existing/known facts
- Science fiction
When you answer...
- Back your theories with existing facts and data
- Extrapolate your theories to future if possible
- Use statistics and scientific thinking
- The use of a little humor in answers is encouraged
*While the proposal creation is a diplomatic process, as the proposal creator, this is what I had in mind. Community is welcome to shape the proposal.
Keeping a low profile.
This user hasn't posted... yet.