After reading "Verify the identity of sender" , which was part of an answer on StackOverflow, I was wondering if the following is possible:
Based on part II, if I am sitting between Alice and Bob:
- Can I not wait for Alice to send her public key to Bob.
- I block this key and discard it, and send my own public key instead.
- Bob then thinks this public key is from Alice.
- I send any message I want now, signed with my own private key.
- Bob 'verifies' these messages with my public key, and thinks all of these messages are from Alice.
Is this scenario possible?