I am working on a steganography technique. Sometimes I need to send my steganographed images online to my friends but in the process the image gets compressed destroying all the data. I found ways to surpass it by using Google Drive or simply mailing them to the destination. But still I am not able to find a reason as why the size of the image increases (nearly to 30%) after the steganography.
Technique used is
- Read a character from a file.
- Convert that character to a string of binary bits (from its ASCII)
- To make it a 6bit binary string, pad it with appropriate
- Read two consecutive pixels from an image (left to right)
- Impose the first three bits of the binary string onto the LSBit of
RGBof first pixel (first bit on LSBit of
R, second bit on
Gand third bit on
- Repeat 5 for the next pixel
- Repeat from 1