I want to serve sesible data for users as a webservice that is accessed by the user via the browser.
- I may not be able to technically acces the data of the user
- Data is accessable for one or several users, number may change over time. Who has acces to the data is decided by one user for his data. He/she may add or remove other users.
- The user should be able to get his/her data anytime
Encryt the data at my server with a key, only known by the user.
- Restriction 1 and 2 is fulfilled, if the user share the key
- Once the user forgets/lost the key, restriction 3 does not hold...
Data is stored encrypted at the users client, I only provide a nice user interface and the tools to encrypt or decrypt the data.
- Restriction 1 holds
- Restriction 2 and 3 are highly dependent on the ability of the users to cooperate and to backup their data...
- Do you have any ideas to improve one of ideas mentioned?
- Do you have complete other ideas to solve the problem by fulfilling the restrictions?