Does anyone know if there is a way to (on a very basic level) validate the content of an encrypted value?
- I have a string value that is encrypted
- I know that the content of the encrypted value should only contain digits and it should always be 16 characters long
- I do not have access to (and is neither interested in having access to) the decryption key. The actual value is not of interest to me, only that it the value has the right format (before passing it on).
- I can state encryption technology to be used, in case it will help me validating the format of the content
- The technology available for validating the content in the string is Java.
Is it doable to do this type of validation of the content, without actually using decryption to see the clear text value (which basically would make me fail in my task, since I am not allowed to view the clear text value, only validate its format)