I try to understand the private and the public key concept, and need some validation about my statements:
- If I encrypt a message with public key, I can only decrypt with private key.
- If I encrypt a message with private key, I can only decrypt with public key.
- I can generate public key (derived key) from private key(base key).
- I can not generate private key from public key.
- Private key name comes how I handle the key: I keep it in secret, so I call it private key.
- Public key name comes how handle the key: I publish it, anybody can use it, so this is the public key.
- If I publish the base key, I can call it public key
- If I keep in secret the derived key, I can call it private key.