What's the term for describing designing symmetric-key cryptography primitive out of bitwise operations and shifts and rotations?

The closest thing I've found is this Keccek team's page calling it NORX, but the linked reference says NORX is actually an AEAD algorithm.

  • 1
    $\begingroup$ I'm not sure that there is a standard term for that. $\endgroup$ – forest Jun 26 '19 at 7:14
  • $\begingroup$ NORX is just a name, not a type of cipher. NORX is actually classified as a duplex sponge based AEAD symmetric cryptographic primitive $\endgroup$ – Richie Frame Jun 27 '19 at 0:10

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.