So I'm trying to design/make my own encryption algorithm and I believe it to be ok. I'm not saying it's extra secure but I know it's not useless so, what I was wondering is if there are any specific tests I can carry out in order to try and get a better representation of how secure my algorithm is.
Here is some data from tests that I have carried out:
- Repeated blocks of data are different from each other
- 1-bit change in password will completely change the result
- 1-bit change in input text completely changes the output
- even if you encrypt the same file with the same password you will get a different output each time because each encryption gets a different random salt
- when tested over a large number of files matching bytes in both encrypted and unencrypted file that matched in the same place was 0.3% random is about 0.34% other encryptions get about 0.28-0.29%
here I have tried to layout the mode of operation for my algorithm. I believe it to be closest related to a PCBC mode of operation but there are some differences in the way I have laid mine out