Woof Woof - The Year of the Linux Desktop is here. Check out some scripts I wrote for the occasion: https://github.com/SurpriseDog
• LazyCron: Using Cron is nice if you have a server or never turn off your computer, but what if your laptop is asleep during the exact minute you have set to run your script? What if you have to reboot? Set a time window. Set a frequency. Set requirements like the computer must be idle, closed, plugged in or more all with an easy to use natural language text file.
• RegularRecycler: Scan through all trash folders on Linux system and delete files older than a given number of days or size in MB. Set it up with a LazyCron schedule to keep the Trash folder clear of old files.
• KeyLocker: KeyLocker allows your to store the keys to an unknowable number of hidden partitions on an unknowable number of drives with no way to know how many keys it contains.
• StarNamer: Python tool to go through a list of forbidden wildcard * imports and replace them with the actual functions to be imported.
• StarWrangler: Scan imported files for only the required code needed and generate a working Python file with everything in the correct order with the correct imports and dependencies.
• Readlines: A python module to access a HUGE text file in python without copying the whole thing into memory. Works exactly as if it were a list with [slicing:] indices.
Let me know if you find a bug.
Top network posts
Keeping a low profile.
This user hasn't posted yet.